Is motorway driving a new challenge for you? You might find it a little daunting. However, motorways are actually the safest roads to drive on. The daunting task is managing the speed. It’s the speed that you are travelling at, that makes all the difference between being a safe and unsafe motorway driver.
If You Are New To Motivate Driving Here Are Some Tips That Might Help You –
• To learn how to drive on the motorway consider pass plus training, with the guidance from an approved instructor.
• Know better about the motorway section of the Highway Code so that you are very well aware of the rules, speed limits, and layout of the motorway.
• Be sure to plan your journey before starting off.
• You don’t need a physical note but make a mental note of the junction numbers. It’s not safe to use a map while driving and don’t always rely on satellite navigation, since they can go wrong.
• Make sure your car is safe to drive, check the oil levels, brakes, windscreen, and tire pressure.
• Don’t forget to bring along a more experienced driver, in case you feel uncomfortable driving alone.
Be sure to take Motorway Driving lessons in East London, before you hit the road.
Some Tips To Keep In Mind Related To Joining And Leaving The Motorway –
• Be sure to build up speed on the slip road, before you join a motorway.
• Do not forget blind spots, join the motorway when you are 100% sure that it is safe to do so.
• Observe the interchanging signs, when you leave motorway. Be sure to stay in the correct Lane in advance.
• Keep an eye on the motorway exit countdown markers, these can guide you as you prepare to cross over to the slip road.
• Overtake only when you are sure that it is safe to do so.
• Judge the speed of the cars around you and check the Lane you will be moving into is clear.
• Never forget to check blind spots and signal.
What You Must Avoid As A Motorway Driver?
If you want to drive safely, keep all the in-car distractions away. The in-car distractions are inclusive of gadgets, snacks mobile phones, and anything and everything else that could hinder your concentration. Do not rubberneck, this can lead to congestion and further accident. Motorway Driving Course in Docklands, offered by the best driving instructors ensure that you know all the important tips and tricks to drive safely on the motorway.
Few more Tips –
• The motorway speed limit is 7mph.
• The speed limit can change several times on the stretch of the road. This particularly happens in case of roadworks or an accident.
• Watch out for variable speed limits.
• The speed on motorway is usually faster than all the other roads, hence stop ping distance would be longer. Be sure to keep a safe distance between you and the car in front of you.
• If you start to feel tired take a break only begin again when you know you’re safe to drive.
We are certain that this article might help new motorway drivers.